Monday, October 10, 2011

I don't wanna be "THAT" patient!!

I usually am not one to anger easily, however, lately some things have really "tripped my trigger", so to speak. I am just wondering if it this way for everyone. I know medical professionals are very busy people (I know because I am one of them) so TRUST me I can relate to being busy! However, I just don't get why some offices just cannot return a phone call? What is the expectation for a call to be returned nowadays? How can larger offices/providers offices keep that "personal feel"? What do you do if your call is not returned? Call them back? Then if you call them back you risk becoming "THAT" patient! I don't want to be "THAT" patient. I just want to not feel forgotten, I want to feel important. How do you communicate with your physician? Do you find it works?


I would LOVE feedback, and advice on how to not become "THAT" patient, but rather have my calls returned, my questions answered, and my appointments made.


Thanks y'all!!!


Lo

2 comments:

  1. If you are referring to the doctor that we both "shared" no worries on your side... I doubt there is anything you can do or say to have my title of "THAT" patient passed to you... If it is the same Dr... feel free to email for details...

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could call again and politely ask if there is a better way of communication that would be easier for the office staff, such as email. My coordinator likes using email, so for me, that's the best way to go. If they do not give you any suggestions though, I would be the type to just become THAT patient. I'd be pleasant and polite every time I called, but I don't mind calling regularly if they do not call back. I think in a large office it's easier to be out of sight, out of mind, but if they start recognizing your name and personality they'd probably be more likely to respond quicker.

    ReplyDelete